Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Rejected!

Dad came home last night for dinner. It was a very quiet dinner, so quiet that I want to cry. It didn't feel like a family dinner at all. It was 3 complete strangers having food on the same table. No one said anything. It was so cold.

At the end of the dinner, I couldn't stand it, so I opened my mouth first and asked if dad and mum want to have dessert, I wasn't sure if there's any but I just wanted to break the silence. Both of them were "polite" enough to say yes. So I went to kitchen and get some cakes which was leftover from mum's high tea with friends at home yesterday. Who cares?!

I got out from the kitchen and the atmosphere was even colder than before. Damn, they must had some argument while I was away. Dad stood up and kissed me on my forehead, said goodbye and left again. I was so upset!!!! I miss dad for a week!

Dad loves me, there is no doubt about it. He would not argue with mum in front of me, he cares for my feeling a lot. Mum is different, mum loves me in a very expressive way. She will make a big hoo haa on how much she loves me. They are very different person and God knows why they were together initially. Ah... like what my grandpa always say, because mum is rich. I do not agree on that!

After dad left, mum started to cry and went back to her room. I was left all alone in the icy cold dining room with the pityful left over cake that was being rejected again today. Sigh, cake, we are just the same. Rejected.

1 comment:

Vivianz said...

Aww... darling you are not rejected. Don't worry too much. Your parents will get it solved one day.